An 8 week course ( 8th May - 26th June) for persons interested in commencing martial arts training at the Bujinkan Tasmania Dojo.
Fee: $100.00 ( includes martial arts uniform ).
Over the 8 weeks participants will be introduced to fundamental martial arts techniques and philosophy. The express aim of the course is to provide a greater insight and appreciation of the Traditional Japanese martial arts and it's benefits for health, well being, fitness and self defence. This martial art is non-competitive and addresses all authentic aspects of martial arts culture from Japan.
The course outline will also prepare participants with the base skills to confidently enter general adult classes held at the Bujinkan Tasmania Dojo.
Registration and payment for the 8 week introduction course is due before May 4th 2018.
Registered participants will recieve a new training uniform upon arrival for their first class.
Please note that NO registrations on the day will be accepted.
Persons not participating will not be allowed to observe the class.
Age: 15yrs +
A reasonable level of fitness is required.
General Class Outline:
- warm up / loosening and stretching exercises
- martial arts unarmed and armed defence postures
- evasion footwork and leaping skills
- fundamental break fall skills & tumbling skills
- fundamental striking,blocking & kicking
- limb and body release fundamentals
- fundamental self defence techniques
- Hanbo & Rokushaku Bo ( 3 foot and 6 foot staff )
- Nihon-tou - ( various Japanese swords )
- Shuriken ( throwing weapons )
- warm down & calming exercises
During the 8 weeks, participants will also observe demonstrations, short movies and explanations on a variety of martial arts topics pluse a chance to wear Samurai Armour!
Participants completing the introduction course will also have the privilege to take part in a Traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony at the Dojos very own Japanese Tea Room.
To receive your Registration Form please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please return the completed form to the same email address.
Registration and payment is due before May 4th 2018.